Oftentimes, WordPress users find it difficult to continuously use Elementor or Elementor Pro with their website due to their individual reasons, so they just want to remove it.
In that case, let’s ask yourself why do you want to remove elementor from your website?
If your reasons are lack of features and functionalities, proper customer support, then I advise you to go for elementor pro ( Start with just $59/year ).
And you will get the access to use lots of elementor pro features and premium support.
But if you have some other reasons, then you can go for removing elementor from your WordPress website but make sure you keep a complete backup of your website first before doing so.
Because if your website is built with Elementor and uses its layout designs, features, and functionalities, then removing Elementor can break your website.
Remove Elementor From WordPress
You can remove elementor from your WordPress website completely by following the steps:
- Go to Plugins and find Elementor in the list of your installed plugins.
- Deactivate the elementor plugin. If you are using elementor pro at your site, then make sure to deactivate that as well.
- After deactivation, you will see the link to delete the elementor plugin. You can delete elementor and elementor pro (if you are using pro).
- And that’s it, elementor got removed from your website.
Remove Elementor From A Page
You want to keep and use elementor but just want to remove it from a specific page, then you can try the following steps:
- First, go to the Pages and find that page, for which you want to remove elementor.
- Click on the Edit link to open that page in edit mode.
- Now, you will see the Back to WordPress Editor Button either under the title (if using WordPress classic editor) or at the very top (if using WordPress block editor).
- Click on the Back to WordPress Editor button and it will ask you to confirm, click on continue.
- That’s it, it will set the default WordPress editor for you. Now you can edit your page with a WordPress editor.
- At the very last, Make sure you change the template under the Page Attribute setting to default or any other template, but it should not be Elementor Canvas or Elementor Full Width.
- Now save your changes and it’s done.